Psalm 46:10

Psalm 46:10

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Life Is

I came home from the antique mall with a simple little purchase....



















My family asked me, "What is this?" I told them I am learning that life just....IS.

It is what it is.

Do we say thank-you for what we have, or do we wish for more? Or wish for less, as in not wanting the circumstances we find ourselves in, or not liking those who have been planted around us. I tend to analyze life....well, if you were to ask my family, I over-analyze life. I needed a reminder that life simply IS. To accept that which I have been so graciously given and trust that God is working through all.

I recently came upon the full version of the Serenity Prayer. Most of us have heard the first few lines, but I was blessed reading it in its entirety.

Serenity Prayer  

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it IS, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
forever in the next.
Amen.

~Reinhold Niebuhr

Trust = Serenity

God IS always working for our good.
God IS always loving us.
God IS always beside us.
God IS moving in ways we can't even begin to imagine.
God IS God.

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

I am learning that Life IS. Or....maybe that God IS. It is He who brands himself on our hearts. (The rod hanging in the above picture is a branding tool with the word "is" on the end.) My life IS His.










No comments:

Post a Comment