Psalm 46:10

Psalm 46:10

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Designed to Create

People have always said I am a creative person. I laugh and say that I am not a creative person, but a resourceful person. I glean ideas from all around me, rarely does an idea pop into my noggin all on its own. (Yes, I loooove Pinterest!)

Create (verb): to bring (something) into existence. In reality I do create. I take ideas from other sources, and bring them together in a project of my choosing...and then I smile....or rework it until I smile. :) God was (and is) the ultimate Creator, He breathed the world into existence. He is the only being that can create something from nothing. But even he was resourceful....he used his own dirt to create Adam....and what a creation it was!! :)

I am a Sunday School teacher. I love it when a lesson comes together and the objective of the lesson is driven home. I love to celebrate birthdays.  I love to find the perfect antique for the perfect spot in my home. I love to make my Christmas cards....and have all the Christmas gifts wrapped the same. I love to scrapbook....when a page comes alive, I smile. I love leaves, and love serving a salad/dessert on my "oak-leaf" plates. I love Kraft paper, I now am making a few general "kraft-paper" cards with photographs I have snapped. I delight in the wonder of God's resources!! ♥

After reading "Tower of Babel" the students built a tower as high as they could with marshmallows and toothpicks. :)

Guitar cake made for my musical son-in-law's birthday















Each gift had the recipients initial on it...thanks to my Cricut!




















Love capturing the memory of joy!!






 






 
An Easter salad....see the bunny ears poking through the greens? :)



















To create is a God-given gift. We are designed in the image of God. God is the master Creator, and has given us this trait for His glory. Our "creations" speak to His majesty and power. You are probably thinking, "No way..., what I do and create is not anything great at all." Yes, it is....God created you for a purpose, for the good of mankind...may you discover what that is, and delight in it.

I came across a wonderful book that I am enjoying working through, The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. She states: "Creativity is God's gift to us. Using our creativity is our gift back to God. When we open ourselves to exploring our creativity, we open ourselves to God: good orderly direction." If you wonder if you have any purpose in this life, read this book. It is a book full of good quotes and exercises to help you discover that "artist" within you. Although I highly recommend this wonderful resource, I add this disclaimer: there are numerous "new-age" thoughts and quotes....read with the attitude that "every good and perfect gift comes from above," (James 1:17) and you will be fine.

When we create, we delight in the work of our hands; we delight in our great God. When we delight in our great God, we pass that delight on to others and are able to genuinely encourage them to find their delight. It is when we realize how God has blessed us, that we are able to bless others, both in word and deed.

Creating is discovering the artist within you...we all possess it....do not let other's opinions stop you, it is for God's glory...enjoy the journey of you!

Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparable. ~Brenda Ueland

I have learned the delight of creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment